Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Collage Artist Juliet Promnitz, Now Showing at Canvas Gallery

Canvas Gallery is excited to welcome collage artist Juliet Promnitz.


"A lifelong quilter I have always had a fascination for taking materials and re-imagining them in a new way. Collage is a new direction of an old interest of mine. As far as possible I try to use old and found papers in making new art. The best way perhaps to describe my art is that I paint with paper. Born in South Africa, I was raised all over the world. I immigrated to Canada almost 20 years ago, and continue to be influenced by the colour of my homeland and the landscapes of my new country."


"Bayside" mixed media on canvas, 24" x 24" $500

"Quiet Splendour" mixed media on canvas, 19.5" x 29.5" $550

"Power Grid" mixed media on canvas" 24" x 24" $500

To view more of the latest works from Juliet Promnitz as well as our other artists, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment