Friday, April 26, 2019

Welcoming artist Gina Sarro

Canvas Gallery is excited to welcome Vancouver artist Gina Sarro and her California Coastal series.

The literal subject of my work is my surroundings. Contemporary landscapes on both panel and canvas, reflect my journey through homes in Saskatchewan, Alberta and finally British Columbia. Through a distinct technique, Canadian skies, mountains, lakes and fields evoke both flatness and depth. I use both a brush and knife, partly to diminish, and partly to layer the paint itself, balancing strong compositional horizontals with rhythmic vertical gestures. I choose subdued colours, that suit the calm stillness of my process, but only to the extent of their disruption by vibrant insertions of geometric lines. This creates a visual conversation that speaks to the deeper intervals of time and experience I am drawing on.


"Places We Have Been Together" acrylic on canvas, 48" x 72" $6800

"The Heart Never Forgets" acrylic on canvas, 40" x 60" $5050

"Don't Look Back" acrylic on canvas, 48" x 48" $4800

"Just as I remember" acrylic on canvas, 30" x 48" $3000

"The Simple Things" acrylic on panel, 30" x 30" $2200

For more information on Gina Sarro as well as our other artists, please visit www.canvasgallery.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment